CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The most unique baby shower to date~~





So this past Saturday was my sister-in-laws baby shower. It was Halloween themed and so interesting. It really was entertaining. I've been to showers that were so boring the people just sit around with a glazed look in their eyes. This one was so not the case. As you can see, this is my family. We won "best in show", like dogs, and took home a decapitated skeleton award. It is proudly displayed next to Brendan's Emmy in our living room. My mom (the gypsy) handmade Chloe's crown. I took an old flowergirl dress (look familiar Andrea?) and just built off of it. The tulle took forever to stitch with fishing wire on the dress! I think I went through about 20 glue sticks. Brendan's costume was made from felt scraps and thrift store goodies. I love the way his monkey cap turned out! Shae's costume was store bought, so that relieved me. My costume was from the thrift store as well. My family had trouble looking at me that day given my heinous face. Some latex nose and chin pieces with spirit gum did the trick. Brendan had a ton of fx makeup from film school, so we played around with that as well. Overall, this shower was so fun and Tori looked adorable. She had an all black catsuit thingy with the belly cut out and the earth painted on her tummy. Colin went as an astronaut. I hope these pics don't freak you out too much....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad the flower girl dress came in handy again-- very creative! I love your family costumes- and you are very scary.

Jessica said...

SCARY DOESN'T CUT IT...I'M UGLIER THAN EVER BEFORE IN MY LIFE.

Lisa B. said...

I bet that was so much fun! THanks for sharing the pics.